Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE2 first Release Candidate

Author: Maël Hörz
To: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE2 first Release Candidate

> 4. Many names have been changed; in particular, pcre_exec() has become
> pcre2_match(). The PCRE_JAVASCRIPT_COMPAT option has been split into
> independent functional options PCRE2_ALT_BSUX, PCRE2_ALLOW_EMPTY_CLASS,
> and PCRE2_MATCH_UNSET_BACKREF.

Wouldn't it make sense to keep/reintroduce PCRE2_JAVASCRIPT_COMPAT as a
combination/oring of PCRE2_ALT_BSUX, PCRE2_ALLOW_EMPTY_CLASS, and
PCRE2_MATCH_UNSET_BACKREF?

If there would be enhancements for Javascript compatibility in future,
this would automatically include new options instead of requiring people
to track if there are new options to add with each new version.
(I wont use that option, just commenting on the API as I notice things.)