[pcre-dev] PCRE 64-bit subjectlen

Author: Maël Hörz
To: pcre-dev
Subject: [pcre-dev] PCRE 64-bit subjectlen
Hello,

I would like to search really big arrays (bigger than 4GiB). I noticed
that PCRE uses int frequently which will not expand to 64 bits on Win64
but stay 32 bit. (Same holds true for x64 Linux.)

For example this key function:

pcre_exec(const pcre *argument_re, const pcre_extra *extra_data,
PCRE_SPTR subject, int length, int start_offset, int options, int
*offsets, int offsetcount)

length, start_offset, offsets are all of type int/array of ints.

Is there any chance those data types could be changed to automatically
expand to 64-bit were necessary to handle 64-bit subjects?

Regards, Maël Hörz