Re: [exim] [OT] CNAME in PTR record is invalid?

Author: Cyborg
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] [OT] CNAME in PTR record is invalid?
Am 06.11.2014 um 10:44 schrieb Evgeniy Berdnikov:
> Standart resolver libraries in popular OSes are capable for this
> feature since millenium, or even 1996-1997... Nowadays only
> self-written resolver could be confused by CNAME. :) I think this
> behaviour contradicts common practice, so this is a bug.

I have no clue about the code quality of 1und1 software, but i tend to
agree with you about it ;)

As the CNAME practise is the only way, major hosting companies can
delegating networkparts to customers without interventing RIPE all the
day long, i call it a bug too.

I started on the 3th of november at 14:23 CET for us. Has anyone logs
that date it earlier ?

best regards,

Marius