Re: [exim] Update: Re: [OT] CNAME in PTR record is invalid?

Author: Cyborg
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Update: Re: [OT] CNAME in PTR record is invalid?
Hi guys,

because i get emails from you, here some facts and advices.

Emergencygrade: "They broke the internet"

The 1und1 group is a major it company in germany and the usa, the impact
is big.
So pls forgive this OT message:

1. it's not your fault nor your servers .

check here: http://status.1und1.de

The entire Mailcluster seems to be gone down the drain. Customer
(partly?) can't receive or send emails.

2. Domains and Brands involved:

web.de
gmx.de/net
schlund.de           aka  Schlund und Partner
kundenserver.de  aka. 1und1

3. What can i do for my mailserver to work again ?

nothing, it's not your fault.

Just wait until it works again, 1und1 is on it.

You could delay the delivery to those mailservers, if you know how , so
your customers don't get feedback. But if it's an important message, the
sender surely wants to know, that it did not reach the recipient in time.

4. What do i tell my customers to do now ?

use FAX or telephone to contact people. if you have to send documents,
upload it to your own cloud app like Pydio:

i.e. http://evolution-hosting.eu/Pydio/

5. What can the admin do ?

translate this message and post it on your local news feed for your
customers to be informed.
They don't break your necks if they get informed well ;)

best regards,
Marius