Re: [exim] exim online doc formatting

Author: Todd Lyons
To: Phillip Carroll
CC: Exim Mailing List
Subject: Re: [exim] exim online doc formatting
On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 12:31 PM, Phillip Carroll
<postmaster@???> wrote:
> It would be appreciated if whomever is responsible for the formatting of the
> online doc would fix the CSS used for Chapter 58. In any modern browser, the
> formatting is horrible.
>
> The specific page: http://tinyurl.com/o4aglkr
>
> Specifically, the problem appears to affect the formatting of <dl> tags
> subordinate to <dd>. I have no doubt I could hunt down the problem and fix
> it, once I deduced the intended result. However, I just don't have the time.
>
> ...Oh hell, actually, in two minutes, I see in chapter.css:
>
>> dl dd dl {
>>     margin-left: -180px;
>> }

> Text positioned at negative 180 pixels to the left is somewhat difficult to
> read in my browser. I assume something else is actually intended?

My first guess was that the - was extra, but removing it did something
horrible to the output. My second guess was that the 0 was extra, and
-18 was intended. In my testing "-18px" gives what appears to be
reasonable alignment. Can anybody else refute that? It renders fine
in Firefox once you change that to -18px.

...Todd