Re: [exim] verify = recipient, using virtual domains, rejec…

Author: Phillip Carroll
Subject: Re: [exim] verify = recipient, using virtual domains, rejects all local recipients
On 10/28/2014 10:12 AM, Chris Siebenmann wrote:
> Although this may be peripheral, exim -bh should absolutely test ACLs
> in normal use. If it doesn't for you, something may be up with your
> specific ACLs; for example if they're conditional on the server port
> or IP connected to you may need to set that with -oMi <IP>.<PORT>.

That doesn't appear to be the issue. (I posted my ACL and routers a bit
earlier) However, I don't think I was using -bv with the address before.

Short story: In verify mode, all alias routers are declined.
Laundered -bh result:

# exim -v -bh 134.170.185.46 -bv good-user@mydomain

routing good-user@mydomain
mydomain in "@ : localhost : localhost.localdomain:
lsearch;/etc/virtual/domains"? yes (matched "@")
mydomain in "! +local_domains"? no (matched "! +local_domains")
calling virtual_aliases_nostar router
virtual_aliases_nostar router declined for good-user@mydomain
calling virtual_aliases router
virtual_aliases router declined for ...<address>
calling system_aliases router
system_aliases router declined for ...<address>
no more routers
<address> failed to verify: Unknown user good-user