[exim] Solution of problem<g>

Góra strony
Autor: alan
Dla: exim-users
Temat: [exim] Solution of problem<g>
Assembled Wisdom!

I am now able to use exim's smart host facility to sent mail
through his.com(my mail relay server). So the problem I wrote
about earlier today is solved.

I write in praise of the dpkg-reconfigure program, which allows
an exim beginner, and a person with minimal requirements, to
configure his system, and to run experiments if it doesn't work
well. Of course one must put in one's name and password into
/etc/exim4/passwd.client as well.

The two non-obvious steps for me were: setting my system mail
to     his.com .  And  not hiding the local user name.

There is one minor problem: In the past I have sent E-mail
to myself. And it is passed through 127.0.0.1, I believe,
without going outside my box here.

Now an E-mail sent to alan gets sent up to his.com. It
gets brought back when I run fetchmail . . . but still!
I'd like to have mail sent to alan sent on right to
alan here, but if my machine name is now his.com of
course it will go up to his.com. If anyone has suggestions
about this, I'd appreciate hearing them.

Alan

--
Alan McConnell alan @ razor dot globaltap dot com
"If brute force doesn't work, you are not using enough."