Re: [pcre-dev] option setting for JIT?

Author: Petr Pisar
To: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] option setting for JIT?
On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 07:27:50PM +0200, Zoltán Herczeg wrote:
> >So far I have not been involved deeply enough with the pcre project to
> >identify potential known issues which could have root caused this and
> >neither am I aware of anyone else from the varnish dev community who is, so
> >pointers so relevant known issues are welcome.
>
> I am willing to fix JIT issues. Unfortunately the backtrace was removed, and
> the report was two years old. Could you retry that test with PCRE 8.36 on
> x86/ppc-32? If the crash is still there, could you find the exact pattern
> which causes it? Is it happen only on 32 bit? Usually ABI issues are
> responsible for these crashes.

I think that was pcre-8.31. None of the mentioned Fedora Linux distribution
versions are supported now. I usually try to port fixes back to suppored
Fedoras but that's not possible for all of the fixes. Please try current
Fedora (version 19 or newer).

Also there is possibility that the crash was actully an abort by SELinux
because JIT requires executable and writable pages which are disabled by
default. If disabling SELinux helps, please report a selinux-policy bug
to the Fedora bug tracking system.

-- Petr