Re: [pcre-dev] option setting for JIT?

Author: Zoltán Herczeg
To: Nils Goroll
CC: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] option setting for JIT?
Hi Nils,

>So far I have not been involved deeply enough with the pcre project to identify
>potential known issues which could have root caused this and neither am I aware
>of anyone else from the varnish dev community who is, so pointers so relevant
>known issues are welcome.

I am willing to fix JIT issues. Unfortunately the backtrace was removed, and the report was two years old. Could you retry that test with PCRE 8.36 on x86/ppc-32? If the crash is still there, could you find the exact pattern which causes it? Is it happen only on 32 bit? Usually ABI issues are responsible for these crashes.

>Would you (safely) advise to turn on JIT by default for some minimum pcre version?

I think 8.32 would be a good start, but some issues were fixed since that. This is software, always needs fixes :)

Regards,
Zoltan