Re: [exim] how to check a message header for being empty

Author: Dennis Davis
To: exim-users
New-Topics: Re: [exim] how to check a message header for being empty
Subject: Re: [exim] how to check a message header for being empty
On Sat, 4 Oct 2014, lee wrote:

> From: lee <lee@???>
> To: exim-users@???
> Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2014 15:51:33
> Subject: Re: [exim] how to check a message header for being empty
>
> Jeremy Harris <jgh@???> writes:

> Is the Subject: header required by some RFC? If it is, I'll also
> deny messages that don't have one.

Not as far as I'm aware. RFC5322, "Internet Message Format",
contains:

The only required header fields are the origination date field and
the originator address field(s). All other header fields are
syntactically optional. More information is contained in the table
following this definition.

in Section 3.6. Field Definitions

And there's probably still email clients that will omit at least one
of the above :-(
--
Dennis Davis <dennisdavis@???>