Re: [exim] how to check a message header for being empty

Author: lee
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] how to check a message header for being empty
Jeremy Harris <jgh@???> writes:

> On 03/10/14 22:06, lee wrote:
>> And it doesn't work in that messages with an empty Subject: header are
>> not detected.
>>
>> What's the condition I need to use to detect an empty header?
>
> Do you mean a missing Subject (warning, some MUAs might show
> this as an empty one)?
>
> ${if !match {$message_headers}{(?m)^Subject:}}
>
> Or a Subject header that has nothing after the colon?
>
> ${if eq {$h_subject:}{}}

Thank you!

The latter, an empty Subject: header. I'm getting some spam with empty
subject, so I'm going to simply deny messages that have an empty
subject. It might even be missing, I'm not sure what gnus would
display.

Is the Subject: header required by some RFC? If it is, I'll also deny
messages that don't have one.

--
Knowledge is volatile and fluid. Software is power.