Re: [exim] Delayed reception

Author: Y.
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Delayed reception
Le 2014-09-16 10:44, Nigel Metheringham a écrit :
> Y. wrote:
>> I noticed that I often receive this list's emails delayed.
>> Is there something wrong with the way "yalis.fr" is configured in the
>> DNS, rel. email?
>> Or is there a setting in Debian defaults, that could cause this delay?
>> As far as I can tell, I don't have these delays with the Grub2
>> mailing-list.
>
> Deliveries to the next hop from here - which looks like your machine -
> are well under one minute on the queue.
>
> More likely you are seeing messages which hit the moderation queue.
> That can take a day (or occasionally 3) until one of the moderators
> deals with it.

Thank you Nigel. That does indeed explain why it is not for all messages
(your answer came promptly for example), and it is specific to this
list, which must be more moderated than some other lists. Fine :-)

As a side-note, is there anything more than SPF and DKIM (already done)
that I can configure, in order to minimize the chances of my server
being a second-class citizen on the Internet? It is burdened with a home
IP, so anything I can do to brighten its status is a good thing!

Y.