Re: [exim-dev] DANE work

Góra strony
Autor: Todd Lyons
CC: exim-dev
Temat: Re: [exim-dev] DANE work
On Wed, Sep 3, 2014 at 1:05 AM, Jeremy Harris <jgh@???> wrote:
> On 03/09/14 01:27, Phil Pennock wrote:
>> My jaw dropped when I returned to my list index view and saw just how
>> many patches came in from work this weekend by Todd and Jeremy to
>> implement DANE in Exim.

Jeremy gets to take the bow for this one. My contributions are the
initial build plumbing and incorporating Viktor's OpenSSL based DANE
framework so that it built. Jeremy did all the hard work of doing DNS
lookups, certificate handling, actually calling into the DANE
framework, analyzing results, etc.

How do we do licensing, since that entire file (dane-openssl.c) is
Viktor's original code? Viktor, how is that code licensed?

> I did wonder if I should have squashed to a single commit to avoid
> the mess in the timeline. Do we have a preference, in git usage on
> the Exim master?

Back when I committed the DMARC patches, Phil had me target a rebase
for 2-5 distinct patches. I think that's probably what we should use
as a goal in the future. I do like your numerous individual patches
too though since I can see and better understand incremental steps in
the thought process.

...Todd