[exim] New error with gnutls and current exim

Author: Klaus Ethgen
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] New error with gnutls and current exim
Hi,

since some days, when debian (unstable) updated to the most recent
version of exim and updated gnutls (exim v4.84, gnutls v3.3.6) I get the
following errors in paniclog:
   2014-08-29 09:58:49 Exim configuration error:
     tls_require_ciphers invalid: gnutls_global_init() failed: Failed to acquire random data.

There are multiple entries but not for every mail. Also all mails seems
to get sent out.

The node itself is configured to send everything to a smarthost and
tls_require_ciphers is not set (well, I had it set before to
"NORMAL:-VERS-TLS1.2" due to problems with my cacert certificate but it
is not needed anymore).

I know that debian does some modifications but before I open a debian
bug I just want to ask if someone has some clue what could trigger that
error in paniclog? If it is a problem in upstream too there is no need
to have debian as a flow heater in beween. :-)

Regards
   Klaus
- --
Klaus Ethgen                              http://www.ethgen.ch/
pub  4096R/4E20AF1C 2011-05-16   Klaus Ethgen <Klaus@???>
Fingerprint: 85D4 CA42 952C 949B 1753  62B3 79D0 B06F 4E20 AF1C