Re: [exim] missing comma in ldap replies

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] missing comma in ldap replies
Jeremy Harris <jgh@???> (Mi 27 Aug 2014 19:33:18 CEST):

> What do we want the Exim expansion's view of the results to be?
> Labelled by the base object class, or by the text
> "x-MailAlternateAddress" (or whchever)?
>
> The latter will be closest to the current code; the attached patch
> might do the trick;

Maybe we misunderstood.

With your patch

        ${lookup ldap{ldap:///…?mail?sub?uid=…}} yields
    x-MailPrimaryAddress="hs@???" \
    x-MailAlternateAddress="h„e@???,heiko@???,heiko@???"

and
        ${lookup ldap{ldap:///…?uid?sub?uid=…}}
    uid="heiko"

I think, this breaks a lot configurations. The spec says, that if you
request one attribute, you'll just get a list (comma separated, enclosed
commas doubled) of the values. Not the name of the attribute.

If I really need the name, I can request it by using a query
with a dummy attribute
                ${lookup ldap{ldap:///…?uid,_?sub?uid=…}}

--
Heiko