Re: [exim] missing comma in ldap replies

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] missing comma in ldap replies
Jeremy Harris <jgh@???> (Mi 27 Aug 2014 18:56:04 CEST):
> On 27/08/14 17:36, Heiko Schlittermann wrote:
>
> > |LDAP entry loop
> > |LDAP attr loop x-MailPrimaryAddress:hs@???
> > |LDAP attr loop x-MailAlternateAddress:heiko@???
> > |LDAP attr loop x-MailAlternateAddress:heiko@???
> > |search ended by ldap_result yielding 101
> > |ldap_parse_result: 0
> > |ldap_parse_result yielded 0: Success
> > |LDAP search: returning: hs@???@m.schlittermann.de,heiko@???
>
> Hmm. Looks like we think we only asked for one attribute, and rely
> on that for formatting the results, but LDAP returned us
> two (the second being multi-valued, but that doesn't matter here).

All attributes are in fact the same,

       mail <-----------------------,

       x-MailPrimaryAddress    SUP mail
       x-MailAlternateAddress  SUP mail

mail is the base object class for these x-Mail… attributes, this way
it's multivalued. But, in fact, x-MailPrimaryAddress is declared as
SINGLE.

The schema definiation:

attributetype (
    eximAttribute:1 NAME ('x-MailPrimaryAddress' 'x-MailAddress' 'x-MailOfficialAddress')
    DESC 'official mail address'
    SINGLE-VALUE
    SUP mail )

attributetype (
    eximAttribute:2 NAME ('x-MailAlternateAddress' 'x-MailAlias')
    DESC 'alternate mail address (alias)'
    SUP mail )

--
Heiko