Re: [exim] specify multiple ldap servers, not using ldap_de…

Author: Evgeniy Berdnikov
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] specify multiple ldap servers, not using ldap_default_servers
On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 09:33:08PM +0200, von der Hagen, Patrick (SCC) wrote:
> Specifying server_a for a query and server_c for a different one is
> is no issue and works fine. But providing a list of servers for a
> ldap query fails.

How could you provide a list of servers? Query syntax allows to specify
exactly one server host and optionally one port:

ldap://<hostname>[:<port>]/...

Ref: http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-file_and_database_lookups.html
section 16

Hostname may resolve to multiple ip-addrs, providing load balancing and
fall tolerance. Is it suitable for you? Why do you want do deal with list
of servers? If list is used, servers would be tried in fixed order,
without load balancing.

> According to the documentation, specifying SERVER="server_a server_b"
> should work, but debugging tells me that SERVER is an unkown option.

Probably you missed with some other query syntax, it's not for ldap.
--
Eugene Berdnikov