Re: [exim] More struggles with Exchange

Author: Norman Walsh
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] More struggles with Exchange
Chris Siebenmann <cks@???> writes:
> Yes, this is definitely possible. What you probably want to do is
> make the 'employer' router conditional on the From: header value.
> This is going to take delving into Exim's string expansions because
> you'll likely need to use the full 'condition =' router option.

For posterity, this seemed to do the trick:

employer:
debug_print = "R: employer for $local_part@$domain"
condition = ${if match { $h_from } { .*<.*@employer\\.com>.* }}
driver = manualroute
transport = remote_smtp_employer
route_list = *employer.com localhost
self = send

Mail from my corporate identity goes through localhost, through
DavMail, through OWS, and under whatever rock you find Exchange
beneath.

> Of course, if you wanted to you could extend this even further so
> that *all* email From: your work address was routed through work,
> no matter what its destination.

Yes. I can see that. But I don't care.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm