Re: [exim] More struggles with Exchange

Author: Chris Siebenmann
To: Norman Walsh
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] More struggles with Exchange
> 2. If the mail is not being sent from my employer address, don't
>    use the gateway, use my default router (outbound.mailhop.com).

[...]
> Are either of those things possible?
>
> For reference, here are the router and transport configs I'm using:
>
> # mail for employer addresses
> employer:
> debug_print = "R: employer for $local_part@$domain"
> driver = manualroute
> transport = remote_smtp_employer
> route_list = *employer.com localhost
> self = send

Yes, this is definitely possible. What you probably want to do is
make the 'employer' router conditional on the From: header value.
This is going to take delving into Exim's string expansions because
you'll likely need to use the full 'condition =' router option.

Of course, if you wanted to you could extend this even further so
that *all* email From: your work address was routed through work,
no matter what its destination.

    - cks