Re: [exim] eximon shows errors after update from 4.82 to 4.8…

Author: Markus Rebensburg
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] eximon shows errors after update from 4.82 to 4.83
The problematic header line of the spool file seems to be the line
beginning with '-tls_ourcert', followed by the certificate string (line
is 2216 characters long). In function 'spool_read_header' in spool_in.c
this header line is not processed because of the COMPILE_UTILITY macro
used when compiling eximon.

Unfortunately my knowledge of the exim code is too little to develop a
quick patch.

Markus

Am 26.07.2014 14:20, schrieb Jeremy Harris:
> On 25/07/14 13:42, Markus Rebensburg wrote:
>> after the update from exim 4.82 to exim 4.83 on SLES11 SP3 we
>> occasionally see errors like the following in the queue view of eximon:
>>
>>      0m   560 1XAea3-00035H-P7 *** Format error in spool file: size =
>>      5272 ***

>> They vanishes after delivery of the message, so you have to refresh this
>> view often to see them. Exim himself does not complain about an error
>> and correctly delivers the message.
>>
>> Maybe its a bug in eximon?
>
> It is probably missing an update required to match new
> spool-file facilities introduced in exim. I'll take a look.
>
> Thanks for the report.

begin:vcard
fn:Markus Rebensburg
n:Rebensburg;Markus
org;quoted-printable:Christian-Albrechts-Universit=C3=A4t zu Kiel;Rechenzentrum
adr:;;Ludewig-Meyn-Str. 4;Kiel;;24098;Deutschland
email;internet:rebensburg@???
tel;work:+49 (431) 880 3582
tel;fax:+49 (431) 880 1523
url:http://www.uni-kiel.de