Re: [pcre-dev] Just wanted to check if the experimental SPAR…

Author: Dagobert Michelsen
To: ALehotsky
CC: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] Just wanted to check if the experimental SPARC support doesn't work for 64 bit compiles...
Hi Al,

Am 26.06.2014 um 17:13 schrieb ALehotsky@???:
> I tried configuring the 8.35 PCRE release with --enable-jit with a SPARC
> 64 bit Solaris 12.something compiler and get a lot of weird errors and
> warnings compiling the JIT code.
> I'm guessing that it's because only the 32 bit SPARC is supported. The
> --enable-jit works just fine in my powerpc and linux x86 environments.

JIT for SPARC64 is not finished, please see the email thread:
https://lists.exim.org/lurker/thread/20140112.210616.752eba9d.en.html#i20140112.210616.752eba9d
Zoltan offered to do some work on it when he has time.

Please also see the build status of the continous integration on Solaris:
https://buildfarm.opencsw.org/buildbot/waterfall?builder=pcre-jit-solaris10-amd64&builder=pcre-jit-solaris10-i386&builder=pcre-jit-solaris10-sparc&builder=pcre-jit-solaris10-sparcv9&builder=pcre-solaris10-amd64&builder=pcre-solaris10-i386&builder=pcre-solaris10-sparc&builder=pcre-solaris10-sparcv9&reload=none

Best regards

— Dago