Re: [exim] Meaning of addresses in rejectlog

Author: Always Learning
To: Exim
Subject: Re: [exim] Meaning of addresses in rejectlog

On Mon, 2014-06-23 at 10:29 +0200, Heiko Schlittermann wrote:

> Always Learning <exim@???> (Mo 23 Jun 2014 05:48:47 CEST):

> > I banned Apache IP connections in real time, using a PHP routine in
> > Apache, and invoking sudo and iptables.
> >
> > I'm sure using sudo and a IPtables command you can do the same from
> > inside Exim using something like .....
> >
> > warn    message       = ${run{SHELL -c " .......... \
> >                           $sender_host_address ?"}}

> Are you really sure that you need the a shell and "-c" here?

Nein. Have you a better method? I devised the solution in haste. It
worked. So I never changed it.

Currently I use 'shell' and '-c' to run a PHP program and pass Exim data
to it. Z.b.:

warn  message  = ${run{SHELL -c "PHP PMAIL 'RD' $sender_address \
                 $recipients ${primary_hostname} '[SND06] HTML email' \
                 '$h_subject:' $host"}}

>     Viele Grüße aus Dresden

Auch aus England :-)

--
Regards,

Paul.
England, EU.

Centos, Exim, Apache, Libre Office.
Linux is the future. Micro$oft is the past.

If Jean-Claude Juncker is good enough for Mutti, its good enough for me.