Re: [exim] Interfacing MailArchiva to Exim on a shared (cPan…

Author: Duane Hill
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Interfacing MailArchiva to Exim on a shared (cPanel) server
On Saturday, June 21, 2014, 4:43:52 AM, Pete confabulated:

> Hi,

> Does anyone have experience with interfacing MailArchiva to Exim on a
> shared (cPanel) server? Mailarchiva can either have all mail sent to if
> by the MTA (my preferred method), or it can access it via IMAP to a
> location on the server. But on a shared server these approaches would
> require Exim to send mail for all users (domains) and then Mailarchiva
> would drop mail not wanted (from other domains). This is not good for
> the volume of mail, nor for the security/privacy of the other users. My
> host suggests that it might be possible to set Exim to do this, for one
> domain, but that it would likely be overwritten on updates and then
> fail. The alternate (IMAP) method would be similar to cPanel's mail
> archiving (Mailarchiva could just grab mail from there and then delete
> it) but the problem lies in the fact that cPanel dumps each day's mail
> into its own folder, rather than a common folder, so Mailarchiva
> wouldn't know where to get it. I'm sorry if this question isn't phrased
> well, I'm not experienced with Exim, and neither Mailarchiva nor my host
> has done this before. If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions on this
> usage on a shared server environment I would appreciate it!

I believe, if I'm not mistaken, as long as you make configuration
changes to the exim config using the built-in configuration editor,
changes will not be lost on updates. You would have to verify that
with cPanel. At least that's how it was several years ago. It has been
some time since I dealt with cPanel.

--
Duane Hill
duihi77@???