Re: [exim] Sender address sometimes get truncated until I en…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jelle Raaijmakers
A: Todd Lyons
Cc: exim-users, jgh
Asunto: Re: [exim] Sender address sometimes get truncated until I enable debug log
I've finally got a reproducible case!

On 2014-06-15 0:19, Todd Lyons wrote:
> We will need:
>
> 1) A simple exim.conf
> 2) A MAIL FROM that causes this.
> 3) A RCPT TO that will be accepted by the exim.conf above.
> 4) An email headers and body that will be accepted by the exim.conf
> above.

This is the minimal exim config which will cause the problem:

> acl_smtp_mail = acl_check_mail
> acl_smtp_rcpt = acl_check_rcpt
> smtp_banner = ${sg {${run{/bin/dash -c 'date --date="20 years
> ago"'}{$value}{}}}{\n}{}}
>
> addresslist senders_whitelist =
> wildlsearch;/var/spool/exim4/data/sender-whitelist
> addresslist senders_blacklist =
> wildlsearch;/var/spool/exim4/data/sender-blacklist
>
> ACL_WRITE_LOG = ${run{/bin/dash -c "echo $acl_c0 >>
> /var/log/exim4/sessionlog"}{true}{true}}
>
> begin acl
>
> acl_check_mail:
>   warn
>     set acl_c0 = $sender_address
>     condition = ACL_WRITE_LOG
>   deny
>     senders = +senders_blacklist
>   deny
>     !senders = +senders_whitelist
>     !verify = sender/callout
>   warn
>     set acl_c0 = $sender_address
>     condition = ACL_WRITE_LOG
>   accept

> acl_check_rcpt:
>   warn
>     set acl_c0 = $sender_address
>     condition = ACL_WRITE_LOG
>   accept

> begin routers
>
> dnslookup:
> driver = dnslookup
> transport = remote_smtp
>
> begin transports
>
> remote_smtp:
> driver = smtp

Both the addresslists references are empty files. Peculiar thing is, if
you change anything to the above config, chances are the problem
disappears! For example, remove the '--date="20 years ago"' part or
comment the blacklist lines.

To reproduce the problem, execute this swaks command:

> swaks --from update+zrdpeglrciie@??? --to <your address
> here> --server 127.0.0.1; cat /var/log/exim4/sessionlog

You should get the following output:

> update+zrdpeglrciie@???
> update+zrdpeglrciie@???
> update+zrdpeglrciie@facebookmail

As you can see, the .com is stripped from $sender_address at the third
call to ACL_WRITE_LOG. The number of characters stripped varied when I
was stripping down my config file. This is starting to feel like a
buffer overflow...

--
Jelle Raaijmakers