著者: Alain Williams
To: exim-users
題目: Re: [exim] Fighting DEA providers
On Tue, Jun 03, 2014 at 05:17:21PM +0100, Mike Cardwell wrote:
> * on the Tue, Jun 03, 2014 at 06:13:11PM +0200, Chris Knipe wrote:
>
> > We have a subscription service where users can sign up and receive
> > free access, prior to having to subscribe. Allot of users, are
> > signing up with DEA based email addresses, thus gaining access and
> > more than a single free trial - which is far from ideal for us.
> >
> > Is there any specific MTA way of dealing with DAE providers? For one,
> > that I have thought about, is that I can inject email into Exim using
> > a specific router. Is there a way to tell the router to queue the
> > mail for a random period of time prior to delivering it? Most DAE
> > addresses will for example only be active for a short period of time,
> > thus using a delay, can cause the email to bounce.
> >
> > Is there perhaps any other, better, more intelligent ways of dealing
> > with DAE? A RBL of sorts? We have a database of some 400 odd domains
> > currently, and it's growing nicely but I'd prefer to be pro-active
> > about this and block before we have to 'manually' add it to a
> > database.
>
> First of all, do you mean "DAE" or "DEA". You've used both multiple
> times... Secondly, what does it stand for?

I pondered & came to the conclusion that he means: Disposible Email Address.

from my side of the fence: it seems that using such an address when subscribing
is a sensible idea. I have a domain where any local part is forwarded to me, it
means that I can identify who is selling my email address.

--
Alain Williams
+44 (0) 787 668 0256 http://www.phcomp.co.uk/