Re: [exim] conditional routing

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] conditional routing
Hi,

Steve Zeng <SZeng@???> (Do 29 Mai 2014 19:45:51 CEST):
> Greetings!
>
> We have exim 4.63 setup as a smart host for all internal networks. There are 2 types of email clients.

4.63 isn't one of the latest, may be you should update to some more
recent version. (sounds like some older Debian..)

> Some clients are allowed to send emails to selected domains
> Other clients are allowed to send emails to world wide

How do you differentiate these clients. Based on the IP address they
connect from? Based on some login they use?

> I read about relay_to_domains and relay_from_domains but could not figure out how to achieve the conditional routing. Will that work for what I want to do?

Not just out of the box. relay_to_domains is a user defined domain list, used in the example
config. relay_from_domains does not exist in the example config. But
relay_from_hosts, I believe, as a host list in the example config.

If you answer the above question, we might be of some help :)

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann
 gnupg encrypted messages are welcome --------------- key ID: 7CBF764A -
 gnupg fingerprint: 9288 F17D BBF9 9625 5ABC  285C 26A9 687E 7CBF 764A -
(gnupg fingerprint: 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2  7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B)-