Re: [exim] Exim 4.82, Amavis, XFORWARD

Author: Viktor Dukhovni
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim 4.82, Amavis, XFORWARD
On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 03:15:31PM -0700, Todd Lyons wrote:

> Does Amavis support Proxy Protocol? If yes, then the next release
> will have Proxy Protocol as a supported method of passing remote
> information like this.

Which side of the haproxy protocol does Exim implement? Client,
server or both? To my knowledge Amavis is not designed to be the
front-most MTA facing the internet. So Exim would need to implement
the client side of haproxy. This said, I doubt that Amavis implements
either side of haproxy, so the issue likely moot.

--
    Viktor.