Re: [exim] Retry rule of NDR based on error

Author: Thomas Hommers
To: Jeremy Harris, exim-users@exim.org
Subject: Re: [exim] Retry rule of NDR based on error
Hi Jeremy,

thank you very much for your extensive reply!
I will definitely look into "cutthrough routing", then I won't need to deal with those NDR anymore.

What if i can't implement cutthrough routing. Is there any way for exim to see for what reason an NDR was created and apply a special retry rule based on it? (e.g. NDR because rejected for spam = try once, NDR because of connection error: try 24 hour, ...)

Currently I am thinking I would need to store the error together with the message-id of the NDR in some database and use a cronjob to remove those that still exists = could not be delivered after a certain time. (as Todd suggested earlier).

Regards
Thomas