Re: [exim] lots of "string_sprintf expansion was longer than…

Author: Dave Restall - System Administrator,,,
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] lots of "string_sprintf expansion was longer than 32768"
Hi,

> Like i said, all headers are gone, and the message body looks quite
> right to me.
> there are a lot of attachments in the mail, but thats it.

I noticed that all the spool files you listed were of the same size though
you said there were lost of them. Do the files contain the same payload ?

> I can see mime headers like :

> but none of them is more than 32k long, not even near it.

It's probably an issue with a recursive expansion LoL x 1e9 he said
cryptically :-) *

> DevHint: create more meaningful errormessages.

Have you tried grepping for the error message ?

* Billion Laughs for those that will flame....

Regards,

lists/exim/users/2014-05-09.tx                                 exim-users

| Dave Restall, Computer Anorak, Geek, Cyclist, Radio Amateur G4FCU, Bodger  |
| Mob +44 (0) 7973 831245      Skype: dave.restall             Radio: G4FCU  |
| email : dave@???  - Anti-SocialMediaist -  Web : Not Ready Yet :-( |

| Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.        |
|         -- J.R.R. Tolkien                                                  |