Re: [exim] Frankenstein exim.conf

Author: Always Learning
To: Exim
Subject: Re: [exim] Frankenstein exim.conf

On Thu, 2014-05-01 at 21:47 -0500, schmerold2@??? wrote:

> I like the re-arrange solution you posted yesterday Todd, BTW: if this
> group thinks Microsoft is tough, you should try dealing with Message
> Labs. It took me two weeks to get one of our servers off their
> black-list, finally made contact with an intern at a Fortune 50 company
> willing to help me get the server's reputation corrected.

Yes Message Labs are crap too. They sent out emails for the UK
government using fake non-existent HELO/EHLO names that have no assigned
IP address. messagelabs.com is now Symantec.

The USA's large commercial companies consistently ignore anything
resembling "standards" or "common practise". Examples Ebay, Paypal, M$,
Message Labs. Implementation of M$ Exchange baffles many "computer
experts" - that is why they invent non-existent HELO names using ending
with .local

Conversely Google is never a problem in this respect.

--
Paul.
England,

Our systems are exclusively Centos. No Micro$oft Windoze here.