Re: [exim-dev] Working with GitHub PRs

Góra strony
Autor: Todd Lyons
Dla: Marcin Gryszkalis
CC: exim-dev
Temat: Re: [exim-dev] Working with GitHub PRs
On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 8:11 AM, Marcin Gryszkalis <mg@???> wrote:
> On 2014-04-22 01:57, Phil Pennock wrote:
>> My general philosophy has been "we'll take contributions via any sane
>> means; we don't have so many contributors that we want to make people
>> jump through hoops, but we do _prefer_ to have things in our Bugzilla
>> for tracking. For non-contentious changes, working from a GitHub PR is
>> fine." (and I think I'm previously on record as saying that).
> I like that philosophy, but I'm not sure if I understand you well - is
> it better to do pull request from my fork (like I did yesterday) or to
> create .patch file and upload to exim's bugzilla?

I believe he is recommending: "please also create a bug on the exim
bug tracker that briefly describes what the patch does and add a link
to your pull request." You did not do anything wrong! We are very
appreciative of the patch! It's just that a few years in the future,
tracking when features/changes/fixes were made to exim are easier if
they are in the bug tracking system. It can be simply links/urls to
the locations of the fixes, but they are all in one central location.

...Todd