Re: [exim-dev] Working with GitHub PRs

Góra strony
Autor: Marcin Gryszkalis
Dla: exim-dev
Temat: Re: [exim-dev] Working with GitHub PRs
On 2014-04-22 01:57, Phil Pennock wrote:
> I got a notification email for a Pull Request on GitHub, it looked sane,

Hi, as this pull request came from me I'd like to make a comment here :)

First - I was pretty impressed by round-trip-time here, patch was
commited few hours after I forked exim repo - I am familiar with a bit
longer waits (like, my patch to FreeBSD's split(1) was commited about 6
years after filling the bug ;)
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=116209 )

> My general philosophy has been "we'll take contributions via any sane
> means; we don't have so many contributors that we want to make people
> jump through hoops, but we do _prefer_ to have things in our Bugzilla
> for tracking. For non-contentious changes, working from a GitHub PR is
> fine." (and I think I'm previously on record as saying that).

I like that philosophy, but I'm not sure if I understand you well - is
it better to do pull request from my fork (like I did yesterday) or to
create .patch file and upload to exim's bugzilla?

best regards
--
Marcin Gryszkalis, PGP 0xA5DBEEC7
jabber jid:mg@???, gg:2532994