Re: [exim-dev] Survey

Author: Phil Pennock
To: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Survey
On 2014-04-19 at 20:23 +0000, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:
> Does Exim have just a single linear feature release sequence with
> no bug-fix stable releases (no new features) and no development
> snapshot releases?

Mostly correct. For security issues, we'll backport to create a minimal
patch release. Otherwise, we just cut new releases with a combination
of bug-fixes and features, which has worked well enough since the '90s.

> well. So I would suggest 4.82.1 if there are no new features, just
> fixes, and release 4.83 when new features are ready for prime-time.

Proxy protocol support is a new feature, there are others in NewStuff.
There's a few more items in ChangeLog which look like they might warrant
an entry in NewStuff.

-Phil