Re: [exim] whitelist a domain

Author: Klaus Ethgen
To: basti
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] whitelist a domain
Hi Basti,

I am no fan of poiting you to the debian list just due to the fact that
you are running exim on debian.

Am Mi den 12. Mär 2014 um 13:19 schrieb basti:
> All is running fine, now I need to get a mail from google with a
> response link, the link is only valid for a few minutes an is send from
> different servers so it is greylist again and again.
>
> I only use the "/etc/exim4/local_host_whitelist" file to whitelist my
> own servers.

Usually (I use grossd instead of simple greylisting) the greylisting
doesn't use this whitelist. You can fix that easily by adding the
following line to the defer and deny block for greylisting:
!acl = acl_local_deny_exceptions

After that you have to update the real configuration before restarting
exim.

> Is there a (debian) way to whitelist a domain like "*.bounces.google.com" ?
> I have try to edit /etc/exim4/local_host_whitelist and restart/reconfig
> exim but it does not work.

The line must be:
^.*\.bounces\.google\.com$
instead of simple glob.

And by the way, you does not need to restart exim if you change this
list.

Regards
   Klaus
- --
Klaus Ethgen                              http://www.ethgen.ch/
pub  4096R/4E20AF1C 2011-05-16   Klaus Ethgen <Klaus@???>
Fingerprint: 85D4 CA42 952C 949B 1753  62B3 79D0 B06F 4E20 AF1C