Re: [exim] whitelist a domain

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] whitelist a domain
basti <basti@???> (Mi 12 Mär 2014 13:19:27 CET):
> Hello,
> i have running exim4 (4.80) on debian.
> All is running fine, now I need to get a mail from google with a
> response link, the link is only valid for a few minutes an is send from
> different servers so it is greylist again and again.

You should redesign your greylisting approach. Greylisting keyed on
sender ip address is simply wrong. (IMHO)

We do greylisting (if at all) keyed on "$sender_address/$local_part@$domain".

Exactly because some larger domains use different servers for different
delivery attempts.

> I only use the "/etc/exim4/local_host_whitelist" file to whitelist my
> own servers.
>
> Is there a (debian) way to whitelist a domain like "*.bounces.google.com" ?
> I have try to edit /etc/exim4/local_host_whitelist and restart/reconfig
> exim but it does not work.

I'm lost, since I do not know how the debian configuration reads an
interprets the local_host_whitelist file and if there are hooks for
using additional whitelists for additional purposes, or if you can
change how the greylisting is done.

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann
 gnupg encrypted messages are welcome --------------- key ID: 7CBF764A -
 gnupg fingerprint: 9288 F17D BBF9 9625 5ABC  285C 26A9 687E 7CBF 764A -
(gnupg fingerprint: 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2  7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B)-