Re: [exim] How to disable AUTH= in MAIL commands?

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] How to disable AUTH= in MAIL commands?
On 28/02/14 19:12, Piotr Isajew wrote:
> Authentication works correct and is needed in that case, but I
> don't want to add AUTH parameter to subsequent MAIL
> commands. Messages are being submitted locally, so by default
> exim adds AUTH=local_login@localdomain. I'm able to override this
> by setting authenticated_sender=myaccount@???
> which breaks the other side anyway. What I'm looking for is how
> to cause exim not to add AUTH= to mail commands sent after
> authentication.

Assuming by "locally" you mean "non-smtp", there's no way to
do it. For a workaround you could retransmit such items to
localhost via smtp, before sending to your awkward provider.

Of course, you could encourage them to fix their system. Or
raise a wishlist item on bugs.exim.org for a control to deal
with this specific oddity. Or compile a custom exim version...

> but this relates to server-side/incoming mail processing, so I
> don't see how could this apply to my problem.

Incoming merely depends where you're looking at it from :)
--
Cheers,
    Jeremy