[pcre-dev] pcre-dev upgrade in RHEL WS 4.0

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Venkatesh Prabu Narayanan
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: pcre-dev
Αντικείμενο: [pcre-dev] pcre-dev upgrade in RHEL WS 4.0
Hi,

I am new to this mailing list.

We are in need of upgrading apache httpd server to the latest one in our
production servers running with RHEL WS release 4.0 (32 bit) version. As we
don't find the httpd rpm in RHEL repo, we tried compiling the same from the
source by following this link,

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/platform/rpm.html

While doing rpmbuild we are getting this error,

[root@localhost httpd]# rpmbuild -tb httpd-2.2.24.tar.gz
error: Failed build dependencies:
        pcre-devel >= 5.0 is needed by httpd-2.2.24-1.i386
        /usr/bin/apr-1-config is needed by httpd-2.2.24-1.i386
        /usr/bin/apu-1-config is needed by httpd-2.2.24-1.i386

In our RHEL WS 4.0, we do have pcre-devel package with this version
'4.5-4.el4_6.6'. It seems httpd 2.2.X expects higher version of pcre-devel
package. I am not sure which version of pcre should be used in my case i.e
compatible with RHEL WS 4.0. I couldn't find the latest version from RHEL
repo. I believe I should compile it from source.

Please clarify me what version of pcre should I use to fix the httpd
dependency problem. Awaiting your response.

Regards,
N.Venkatesh Prabu