Re: [exim-dev] [exim-cvs] Proxy Protocol - Server support

Góra strony
Autor: Phil Pennock
Dla: exim-dev, Todd Lyons
Temat: Re: [exim-dev] [exim-cvs] Proxy Protocol - Server support
On 2013-11-30 at 20:17 +0000, Exim Git Commits Mailing List wrote:
> +proxy_required_hosts = HOSTLIST
> +
> +The proxy_required_hosts option will require any IP in that hostlist
> +to use Proxy Protocol. The specification of Proxy Protocol is very
> +strict, and if proxy negotiation fails, Exim will not allow any SMTP
> +command other than QUIT. (See end of this section for an example.)
> +The option is expanded when used, so it can be a hostlist as well as
> +string of IP addresses. Since it is expanded, specifying an alternate
> +separator is supported for ease of use with IPv6 addresses.

No control variable which can be set in an acl_smtp_connect ACL? :)

> +  H=mail.example.net [1.2.3.4] P=esmtp PRX=192.168.1.2 S=433
> +
> +3. In the ACL's the following expansion variables are available.
> +
> +proxy_host     The src IP of the proxy server making the connection
> +proxy_port     The src port the proxy server is using
> +proxy_session  Boolean, yes/no, the connected host is required to use
> +               Proxy Protocol.

Existing variable names suggest $proxy_host_address for the first
variable, since _host/_hosts tends to be for hostlist consumers. This
reduces problems with people expecting to see DNS hostnames.

Given $sender_host_address and $sender_host_port, that would suggest
$proxy_host_address and $proxy_host_port.

> +   - This is not advised, but is mentioned for completeness if you have
> +     a specific internal configuration that you want this:  If the Exim
> +     server only has an internal IP address and no other machines in your
> +     organization will connect to it to try to send email, you may
> +     simply set the hostlist to "*", however, this will prevent local
> +     mail programs from working because that would require mail from
> +     localhost to use Proxy Protocol.  Again, not advised!

Does this work?

proxy_required_hosts = !@[] : *

> +#define LX_proxy                       0x88000000

Is anyone working on LX2 or any other means of handling logging? You've
just taken the last available LX slot. You were right to do so, but it
does leave us with a problem.

64-bit log_extra_selector variable? Something else? Bit-field
array manipulation such as we use for D_* debug variables?

> +setup_proxy_protocol_host()
> +{
> +union {
> +  struct {
> +    uschar line[108];
> +  } v1;
> +  struct {
> +    uschar sig[12];
> +    uschar ver;

12 for sig ...

> +const char v2sig[13] = "\x0D\x0A\x0D\x0A\x00\x0D\x0A\x51\x55\x49\x54\x0A\x02";

Do you need to use any pragmas on struct definition to ensure that it's
always aligned, on allocation, such that the ver will immediately follow
on from the sig? I suspect that some linters will complain.

> +  DEBUG(D_receive) debug_printf("Detected PROXYv2 header\n");
> +  size = 16 + hdr.v2.len;
> +  if (ret < size)
> +    {
> +    DEBUG(D_receive) debug_printf("Truncated or too large PROXYv2 header\n");
> +    goto proxyfail;
> +    }

So the assumption is that the sender fully constructs the buffer and
sends it in one write(), so we always see the entire thing? I see from
<http://haproxy.1wt.eu/download/1.5/doc/proxy-protocol.txt> that the
sender is required to do this, but also that receivers are recommended
to be more tolerant. This is a reasonable choice, but should be called
out in the experimental doc as a design choice.

> +
> +proxyfail:
> +/* Don't flush any potential buffer contents. Any input should cause a
> +synchronization failure or we just don't want to speak SMTP to them */
> +return FALSE;

Should you be coercing smtp_enforce_sync on for proxy hosts? How does
smtp_enforce_sync being set false interact with this?

> +done:
> +flush_input();

That flushes to the end of the next \n line. Is that really what is
wanted at this point?

-Phil