Re: [exim-dev] ACLs on the "outgoing" side

Author: Heiko Schlichting
To: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] ACLs on the "outgoing" side
Hi Clemens,

> Was it ever considered to provide any sort of "ACL-sytle" control of
> *outgoing* connections/sessions/transactions from Exim?

It is not in ACL-style but almost anything can be done in routers. There
are a lot of predefined conditions, the "conditions" phrase for individual
collections and - if needed - you can use ${perl ...} to make really
advanced things.

With many routers - processed in order until "no_more" - and appropiate
transports it is possible to do anything I can imagine for now. Variable
handling is not as advanced as in ACLs but this is subsistent.

Heiko

Heiko Schlichting                Freie Universität Berlin
heiko.schlichting@???   Zentraleinrichtung für Datenverarbeitung
Telefon +49 30 838-54327         Fabeckstraße 32
Telefax +49 30 838454327         14195 Berlin