[exim-dev] ACLs on the "outgoing" side

Author: Clemens Schrimpe
To: exim-dev
Subject: [exim-dev] ACLs on the "outgoing" side
Gentlepeople -

this is my first submission to this list, so please excuse me, if this had been brought up before, but my (brief) research on the topic at hand didn't yield any results, so I thought I'd just ask:

Was it ever considered to provide any sort of "ACL-sytle" control of *outgoing* connections/sessions/transactions from Exim?

I have been (very successfully) using Exim for many years - exactly because I have this tight control over what happens on the *incoming* side, but now I want more! :-)

I would like to put checks and logging-points into the whole "external delivery by SMTP" process too. The applications are many, I believe.

So again: Was this ever considered? If yes: Why was it turned down? If no: Please consider it! I would happily create a first draft on a design for this, if anyone would be willing to listen.

Thanks -

    Clemens

❙❙❙❙ Clemens Schrimpe ❚ Berlin - Germany - Europe - Earth - Milkyway
Skype clemens.schrimpe ❚ Email csch@??? ❚ twitter @csch42 ❚ ADN @csch ❚ NO Facebook, Xing, LinkedIn, G+, whatever !!!
Fixed ⌕ +49 30 69207942 ❚ Mobile ⌕ +49 172 3921242 ❚ Fax +49 30 78703575 (totally deprecated since 1997 - please use email instead!)