Re: [exim] Assistance with authenticator syntax, please.

Author: Cyborg
To: exim-users@exim.org >> \"<exim-users@exim.org>\"
Subject: Re: [exim] Assistance with authenticator syntax, please.
Am 04.11.2013 18:06, schrieb nick:
> On 01/11/13 13:56, Jeremy Harris wrote:
>> On 31/10/13 15:51, nick wrote:
>>>                 condition name expected, but found "${lookup ldap{ld"
>>> inside "and{...}" condition

>> ${lookup... is an expansion. Not a condition, and it matters.
>> Get thee to the documentation!
> Thanks for the reply
>
> I am struggling with the docs, but I read in the Exim documentation
> (http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-file_and_database_lookups.html
> ):
>
> "require condition = ${lookup"

Are you refering to this ?

require condition = ${lookup whoson {$sender_host_address}{yes}{no}}

"Lockup" is a command to expand something, which can in the end result
in a true/false - 1/0 .

"condition" takes the result and checks if it's true or false and
accordingly controls if the following command(s) is/are to be executed.

"require" request a check to be done, before any subsequent ACL
statement can be used .

Btw: What was it, you wanted to know excatly ?