Re: [exim] R: One user can't authenticate

Author: Evgeniy Berdnikov
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] R: One user can't authenticate
On Sun, Nov 03, 2013 at 04:31:22PM +0100, SW & Work SaS wrote:
> Unfortunately up to now we've not yet found the source of the problem
> (most probably the interaction between components).
>
> We did direct tests during time,
> - customer pc gives error
> - other pc at customer site, ok
> - other pc at our location, ok
> - customer pc, on another server, with same account, ok
>
> Problems happened only a very few times and up to now we dealed with it by
> moving customers to another server.

Run Exim daemon with "-d+auth", look for the differences bitween normal
and error cases. Run some traffic sniffer like tcpdump to analyze contents
of network connection. Try to reproduce problem by hands, with "exim -bh".

There is nothing to discuss until you collect relevant diagnostic data.
--
Eugene Berdnikov