Re: [exim-dev] Proxy Protocol support - bounty/reward

Author: Viktor Dukhovni
To: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Proxy Protocol support - bounty/reward
On Sat, Nov 02, 2013 at 01:23:00PM +0000, Gagan Prakash wrote:

> > For what it's worth, Postfix has HAPROXY support. So indeed this has some
> > history of support in the MTA space.
>
> We looked at Postfix but decided to use Exim since it seemed more
> appropriate for our work. Since choosing Exim we have added a few things
> which work well with its configuration.

I am sorry if I was not clear. I am not here to troll for Postfix.
Rather, I am here to some day work with the Exim developers on DANE
adoption. In the mean-time I might learn something of relevance
to Postfix, for example, the recent PCRE stack overflow problem.

My comment was just affirming that there is indeed some history of
HAproxy support in similar vintage open-source MTAs, so HAproxy
support in Exim would I think make sense.

By and large the users who want the robustness of Postfix are
already running Postfix, and those who want the flexibility of Exim
are already running Exim. It is good that users have a choice.

--
    Viktor.