Re: [exim] export frozen messages to eml

Author: Todd Lyons
To: Костырев Александр Алексеевич
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] export frozen messages to eml
On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 5:50 PM, Костырев Александр Алексеевич
<a.kostyrev@???> wrote:
> Good day!
>
> Is there any possibility to export frozen messages (or any mail that is in the queue) to eml file ?
>
> I should explain:
> All messages that we want to send to a specific destination are generated by a special script maintained by our programmer.
> We used to use microsoft iis' smtp virtual server where all messages in the queue are just simple single file with .eml extension.
> If there's an error in delivering such message we take this file (eml) and hand it over to our programmer for studying.
> We would like to replace iis' smtp virtual server by exim but the exim's queue is arranged differently.

Rather than reading the queue files directly, use exiqgrep -z to see
all frozen messages, or exqgrep -z -i to get a list of just the frozen
queue id's. For each queue id, run 'exim -Mvc xxxxx-xxxxx-xx' and it
will print out the full headers and message body. Simply redirect it
to a file named however you want (i.e. end with .eml) and it will be
exactly what you are asking for.

...Todd