Re: [exim] Exim 4.82 RC4

Author: Rob Gunther
To: The Doctor, exim-users, exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim 4.82 RC4
What normally causes that error? I have actually been working on trying to
resolve a number of these errors on my exim server (4.80.1 build).

I have a server that sends maybe 1 million messages a day to exim. Out of
1 million maybe 5 - 6 of the smtp protocol sync errors occur.

I have done packet captures and part way through the DATA part exim seems
to start processing the message, even though the end of message has not
been sent. The remote server continues sending data and then the error
occurs.

Robert G.