Re: [exim] count TO+CC+BCC and logwrite

Author: Wolfgang Breyha
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] count TO+CC+BCC and logwrite
On 2013-10-10 22:43, John Mc Murray wrote:
> Can you please confirm what I've seen in my tests, that this works both on
> the sending server, but also on the receiving server. I set up two servers
> and used very low numbers for recipient count (3). I then tried sending
> with more than 3 recipients to various domains and I got a warning on the
> sending server.

ACLs are always evaluated while _receiving_ a message. If your ACLs decide
to accept the message it is routed and sent through the selected transport
to the destination.

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-how_exim_receives_and_delivers_mail.html
is a good starting point to get familiar with the basic concepts of exim.

Greetings, Wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Breyha <wbreyha@???> | http://www.blafasel.at/
Vienna University Computer Center | Austria