Re: [exim] count TO+CC+BCC and logwrite

Author: John Mc Murray
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] count TO+CC+BCC and logwrite
Hi Wolfgang,

I've also now used your code snippet to manage max recipients by reading
a max value setting from mysql and that works really well. Thank you!

Can you please confirm what I've seen in my tests, that this works both
on the sending server, but also on the receiving server. I set up two
servers and used very low numbers for recipient count (3). I then tried
sending with more than 3 recipients to various domains and I got a
warning on the sending server.

I then changed the limit on the sending server to 10, but kept it as 3
on my receiving server and then tried sending to four different users at
the same domain, and then the receiving server bounced the message back.

That means we can use this setting to manage potential spammer out, but
also those spammers with long cc lists in?

Thanks again,

John