Re: [exim] Blocking outbound email - restricting to certain …

Author: Viktor Dukhovni
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Blocking outbound email - restricting to certain domains
On Thu, Oct 03, 2013 at 03:44:19PM +0100, Ben wrote:

> (a) This is not on a mailserver
>
> I would like to restrict all SMTP and local submission to be able to
> send mail to certain domains ONLY.

Surely the logs indicate whether the messages are being injected
via local submission or SMTP. I am guessing local submission.

> I've tried to make acl_not_smtp and domainlists work, but Exim
> doesn't like it.... "non-SMTP ACL: cannot test domains condition in
> non-SMTP ACL"

Instead of using ACLs, which seem sensibly to apply primarily to SMTP,
use an Exim "router" to deliver the desired domains normally, while
routing everything else to the bit bucket.

    http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-the_default_configuration_file.html#SECID55

    http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-the_default_configuration_file.html#SECID56

You should be able to use the append transport with a destination
file of /dev/null for all domains except those that you want to be
handled normally.

Somebody more familiar with Exim configuration should be able to
give more specific details on how to configure the relevant rules
to achieve the above.

--
    Viktor.