Re: [exim] [exim-dev] Exim 4.82 RC2 uploaded

Author: Todd Lyons
To: Exim Dev, Exim Users
Subject: Re: [exim] [exim-dev] Exim 4.82 RC2 uploaded
On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 9:26 AM, Todd Lyons <tlyons@???> wrote:

> I have uploaded Exim 4.82 RC2 to
> ftp://ftp.exim.org/pub/exim/exim4/test/
>
> RC1 also contained a few build related problems that were fixed with the
> release of this RC2: exim version and variant are configured correctly,
> the Exim Specification documents are not empty, and the exim-html
> package is available.

Is anybody seeing weirdness with the version reported? This might
just be my rpm spec file doing this.

[todd@tlyons ~/projects/exim (master)]$ telnet m.ivenue.com 25
Trying 208.89.138.22...
Connected to m.ivenue.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
220-m.ivenue.com, ESMTP Exim 4.82_RC2_RC2, Fri, 04 Oct 2013 02:37:11 +0000
220 RFC's enforced

...5 minutes later...

Yes, it's my spec file, nothing to worry about. I was compensating
for previous RC version mismatches; I overcompensated. :-)

If anybody is using my exim rpm packages (or the srpm), that section
can just be commented out. If nobody is using them, then move along,
nothing to see here.

> Checksums below. Detached PGP signatures in .asc files are available
> alongside the tarballs.

A prior release announcement for 4.80 from Phil stated that only
sha256 checksums would be used from that point forward. From this
point on, I will only use sha256 checksums and omit the sha1
checksums.

...Todd