Re: [exim] custom action in route/transport for exim4

Author: Lena
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] custom action in route/transport for exim4
> From: boyd yang

> I would like to add some custom action when an email arrived in exim4
> server.
> I want to make a HTTP request to another server.
> Can I make a simple application and insert into the routers/transports?

A more reliable way is to use pipe transport. Perhaps your config already can
process the .forward file or an "aliases" file with a router with

driver = redirect
pipe_transport = address_pipe

In that file write

robot: |/path/application

In this example "robot" is localpart of email address of your application.

The application will have the incoming message in stdin.